Thursday, August 26, 2010

Mariam and/or Maryam



According to wikipedia, Mariam and/or Maryam means the following: Maryam or Mariam (Arabic: مريم‎) is the Aramaic and Arabic name of Mary the mother of Jesus , mentioned in the Qur’an. The name has the same form in Syriac, Armenian, and Georgian. The Hebrew variant of the name is Miriam.The name may have originated from the Egyptian myr “beloved” or mr “love” or the derived ancient Egyptian name Meritamen or Meri-Amun, “beloved of the God Amun”. It was incorporated in the Exodus narrative as Miriam, the name of Moses’ sister. It became common in ancient Israel, hence its appearance in the Gospel narrative as the name of Jesus’ mother and several other women. It is also believed that the name means ‘rebellious’.

My name reflects so much about me, it is a story on its own.

I’ve had several attempts with blogs, even had some sort of a website when I was 15 writing about my favourite music, films and a little more about life behind the books. I am no stranger to the concept of publishing my writings as well, I’ve published works since I was 14 and was the editor of a publication for several years.

I stopped writing 3 years ago when It became too painful for me. The process in which I write, the words that come out of the slick fast movement of my fingers on the keyboard, even the final editing process were all becoming very difficult.

I stopped writing 3 years ago, and today I write again. I fear the grammar would betray me, the expression would fail me and the subject matter will prove to be nothing more than average. But time is running, and my thoughts need to be documented.

There are no excuses, I am Mari/yam and this is my blog.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Salam Mariam! I saw your tweet regarding the US Soldier's Speech.

I did interview him for my re-volt radio site:
take a look & hear it out

http://revoltradio.blogspot.com/2010/08/re-volt-radio-interviews-michael.html